2017 Summer School High School Guidelines
Registration Dates: May 1st – June 1st
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Registration forms may be picked up from your High School Counselor. Please turn in your application and payment to the Jo Ann Garcia in the business office for processing.
Session Dates: 1. June 5 – June 15 Monday – Thursday 9:00 – 1:40
2. June 19 – June 29 Monday – Thursday 9:00 – 1:40
Location: La Porte College Center
732 S. Broadway
La Porte, TX 77571
Transportation: Transportation will not be provided.
*Tuition: For Credit Recovery
Non Free/Reduced Free/Reduced
All students who sign up for summer school must be clear of all fines to sign up for summer school!
Payment for classes must be made in full before students will be allowed to attend classes. Those who cannot make full payment before the first day of classes must have permission from the Summer School Principal to continue.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & GENERAL INFORMATION
- All classes will be offered for credit recovery only.
- During registration, the completed application form, with payment receipt, must be returned to the High School bookkeeper by June 1st. All LPISD students must be clear of all fines to sign up for summer school. All fines and fees must be paid to the High School bookkeeper. Cash, money orders, cashier checks or personal checks will be accepted and must be made payable to La Porte High School and include a valid Texas drivers license (personal checks only).
- Refunds will be given up to the third day of instruction for extenuating circumstances only. Refunds will NOT be given to students asked to withdraw because of attendance or disciplinary reasons. The Summer School Principal must approve all refunds.
- Attendance is considered to be of the utmost importance in the short summer school session. All district policies and procedures will be enforced. Students missing more than two (2) days of summer school will be dropped from the program. All students are expected to be to class on time as well. Students will be marked absent if more than 30 minutes late to a class, no exceptions.
- Student misconduct will not be tolerated. Serious infractions will result in immediate removal from the program. All students must follow the LPISD Student Code of Conduct and Dress Code while in attendance at Summer School.
1st offense – student warning
2nd offense – parent conference
3rd offense – removal from the program
- Students are expected to remain on campus at all times. Permission to leave will only be granted through the Summer School Principal.
Any questions may be directed to the Summer School Secretary, Gina Brunson at 281-604-7717.