La Porte Bulldog Battalion
Why Join the Army JROTC Program?
- We develop leaders of all ages.
- Cadets mentor and train other cadets.
- Physical Education counts as a credit in JROTC.
- Appreciate the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship.
- Think logically and to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Appreciate the importance of physical fitness in maintaining good health.
- Visit colleges and other advanced educational institutions while still in high school.
- Learn about military history as it relates to America's culture.
- Understand the history, purpose, and structure of military services.
- Develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a member of a team
- Opportunities to attend West Point, Naval Academy or the Air Force Academy
JROTC classes are taught by the Leadership Education & Training (LET) year of a cadet.
**A new cadet will begin JROTC as LET I despite their grade level.**
||First year of JROTC
||LET I Course Completion
||LET II Course Completion
||LET III Course Completion
Weekly JROTC Class Schedule for 2017-2018
||Citizenship and Military Science Core Classes
||Drill and Ceremony/Regulation Drill
||Uniform Inspection (Cadets Must Wear Uniforms)
||Physical Fitness (PT) ***shorts, gym shoes, t-shirt***
Weekly JROTC Team Training Schedule for 2017-2018
||Raider Challenge & Orienteering
||Color Guard & Flag Detail
If you need any additional information, please contact MAJ (Ret) Crystal Armstrong (email@example.com/281-604-7740) or SFC Montanez (firstname.lastname@example.org/281-604-7750).