La Porte High School
La Porte High School will ensure post-secondary success for all students by creating a positive culture and cultivating high levels of learning.
We believe the most promising strategy for achieving the mission of our school is to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which staff:
- Seeks research-based teaching strategies through collaborative teams that will ensure students will learn at high levels on a continuous basis.
- Maintains high standards and enforces rules governing staff/student conduct, creating a safe and orderly environment for learning.
- Creates a positive culture by modeling expected outcomes and behaviors, producing a climate of high expectations for success.
- Provides feedback and celebration to students for reaching their goals through monitoring of each student’s progress on a frequent basis.
- Provides students with insight to explore post-secondary options.