Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. We are pleased to announce the addition of five new CTE instructors to our department:
- Ms. Carrie Estrems joined us last semester to work with Mr. Marek in our ag science program.
- Capt. Dave Jancauskas moved to Texas from Alaska last spring to coordinate our maritime program.
- Mr. Dustin Hunter was hired this summer as our third ag science instructor.
- Mr. Dan Ruley joined us in August as our new STEM/CAD instructor.
- Mr. Jesse Loudermilk, although not new to LPHS, is our new STEM/robotics instructor.
We encourage all CTE students to become active members of one or more of our CTE student organizations. Our student organizations are available for all career pathways and endorsement plans:
- DECA for marketing students - see Mrs. George (V12)
- FBLA for business students - see Mr. Seibert (V15)
- FCCLA for education/human services students - see Mrs. Adkins (82)
- FFA for ag science students - see Ms. Estrems, Mr. Hunter, or Mr. Marek (V7)
- HEAT for culinary students - see Mrs. Salas (V8)
- HOSA for health science students - see Mrs. Guimbellot (55)
- NTHS for all 11th/12th grade CTE students with 4.0 gpa or higher - see Mrs. Guimbellot (55)
- Robodogs for STEM students - see Mr. Loudermilk (86)
- Skills USA for graphic design students - see Ms. Scharchburg (26)
- Skills USA for auto tech students - see Mr. Leonard (V5)
- Skills USA for auto collision students - see Mr. Trevino (V6)
- TSA for STEM/CAD students - see Mr. Ruley (V9)